-
October 29th, 2003, 06:21 PM
#1
Inactive Member
MLM
The Creeps
When She Begins
Telling Them
Ready For Love
Ring of Fire
Under My Thumb
Sick Boys
Story of My Life
Bad Luck
Atom Bomb
Angel Wings
I Wasn't Born To Follow
Footprints
Don't Take Me For Granted
As always SAME OLD SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tons of songs to choose from but plays the same fuckin songs every time......
-
October 29th, 2003, 06:26 PM
#2
Inactive Member
yeh, it kinda sucks. I don't get it either, really.
-
October 29th, 2003, 06:27 PM
#3
Inactive Member
Just a suggestion, so please don't bit my head off for it.. For the one's who want a NEW setlist, for there next tour, try to get as many fans to just not go to the shows. Boycott the fucker hopefully he'll get the message and mix it up a bit...
The only reason he mixed it up at the hoot is because he was trying to get NEW fans....
This is just an observation.
-
October 29th, 2003, 06:35 PM
#4
Inactive Member
I agree Ness has been a lazy ass with the setlist. I saw remove these songs, Story of My Life, Ring of Fire, Sickboy, Ball n' Chain, and Prison Bound. That way he has to play something good. I'm quite tired of hearing em twenty times over.
-
October 29th, 2003, 09:44 PM
#5
Inactive Member
They don't have time to play everyone's individual requests. The point is to sell out their shows, and play what the majority wants to hear, to keep them coming back. In return they can sell out future shows. It's not laziness it's business.
-
October 29th, 2003, 10:00 PM
#6
Inactive Member
I wasn't pointing that out to "bicker". I'm just sensing that maybe some people's unhappiness with the band could be pacified if we stop and think of where they're coming from.
-
October 29th, 2003, 10:21 PM
#7
Inactive Member
I agree - the fact is that a lot of people that have never seen them before, or that might not even be familiar with alot of their stuff go to their shows. They have to play their most familiar and played songs in order to make the show pleasurable for everyone, not just those of us that have been along for the ride since back in the day. I always love the show anyway, it's always awesome! [img]cool.gif[/img]
-
October 29th, 2003, 10:37 PM
#8
Inactive Member
You do have a point. But You've got to understand where I'm coming from, I LOVE watching them play I accually look forward to seeing them. I'm just SO suck of hearing "Story of my life" and you know the otheres... Me venting will do nothing so I'm gonna just enjoy the show on Saturday....
I would LOVE to have heard the setlist that he played at the hoot , Well you win some you lose some....
-
October 30th, 2003, 12:12 AM
#9
HB Forum Owner
well, ive seen them almost 50 times now in the past 16 years. I have never gotton tired of hearing them play. Im not a fairweather fan. They are my favorite band period. when you are as fanatic as i am, every gig is entertaining. I dont care if i have heard ring of fire 50 times now. I never get sick of it because i never get sick of them. its a treat for me if i hear maybe 1 or 2 songs out of the ordinary. And they will continue to get my $25 until they stop playing for good.
For those of you who complain about the same old setlist everytime, consider this: If you are seeing your very first social distortion show or if you are only able to see one social distortion show your entire life, typically what songs would you expect to hear. Better yet, if you only saw one rollings stones concert or one AC/DC show your entire life, what songs would you expect to hear?
Its all business and when your livelihood depends on selling out every night, you want to appeal to the masses, not a few who want to be different.
-
October 30th, 2003, 12:45 AM
#10
Inactive Member
im sure that if i were able to see Social D almost once a month that i would complain too.
feel lucky that you get that opportunity. they have come to st. louis once in the last 5 years.
im sure there are other places where its been even longer. im stuck listening to my CDs, and some boots i get off WinMX. all you cali folk get to see them all the damn time.
i can understand how it would get annoying to hear the "old school is new school" speech all the time, and im in no way negating your feelings on this. but think about the other 49 states that never get to see Social D anymore. when D played June 02 here in st. louis it was almost the same set list as it was when i saw them back in 1997, 'cept for the new songs (wings, granted, etc.) but it was still seein Social D live...
would i get annoyed if i lived in OC? probably. could they save the standards (story, ring, ballnchain) for encores? yeah. but in the end, its their band.
enjoy it. i get excited when i see a new picture online that i havent seen before...you guys get to see them all the time.
as for now, they're killin time and makin some dough and gaining a fan base.
sorry its been so long since ive posted...life got really shitty for about two months, hopefully itll get better
pK
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks